06 May 2010

Chickpea Salad

I'm starting to think every week is a crazy week.  Better not hold my breath for things to settle down!  It's easy to get a little overwhelmed sometimes when we keep a hectic pace.

A fresh breeze of encouragement wafted through my frenetic week, sent from a new friend and fellow blogger who chose me for a sunshine award.  I feel honored.   I sure hope my recipe blog has brought a little sunshine into your kitchen!  It has been a joyful experience to cross paths with other bloggers who share my faith and buoy each other!  At some point, I will pass this award on to a few other bloggers and spread the sunshine around.  Meanwhile, grateful thanks to my new friend, Michelle, who hosts Lost in the Prairies...Found by God.  We met through mutual comments at a blog carnival and have found we have more in common than Dutch husbands!

Well, due to the aforementioned craziness (foster parenting caseworker finally coming today now) and still bouncing back from cooking for my church's mother-daughter brunch, I am compelled to post this humble chickpea salad recipe for today.  My nine-part series on Spinach Salads is still underway, and will kick off next Thursday instead.  It'll be fabulous and worth the wait!!!  Creative combinations of colorful veggies, drizzled with homemade dressings...all unique.  Summer will be off to a great start.

This Chickpea Salad couldn't be simpler.  Effortless and straightforward, it works hard as a nourishing side dish to compliment grilled steak or brats or ribs.




Chickpea Salad
The beauty is in its simplicity.  Takes only moments to prepare.

1.  In a medium-sized serving bowl, whisk together:
  • 1 Tbs. Lemon Juice, freshly squeezed
  • 1 Tbs. Red Wine Vinegar
  • 2 Tbs. Olive Oil
  • 1 clove Garlic, minced
  • 1/4 Tsp. Salt
  • 1/4 Tsp. Citrus Pepper
  • A Pinch of dried Oregano
2.  Stir in:
  • 1 can of Chickpeas, rinsed and drained
  • 1 medium Tomato, diced
  • 1 Carrot, shredded
Serves 4 - 8 as a side dish.

Optional:  Add a little diced sweet onion or chopped cucumber.

1 comment:

  1. My daughter will love this recipe. She adores chickpeas!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts and questions are appreciated. Comments will be posted after they are approved. Thank you.