12 May 2010

Unfried Chicken

What can you create with only three ingredients?  Unfried Chicken!!  It's your turn, all you time-strapped cooks who don't have the tendency to fuss.  This recipe is dedicated to you!  



I realize this cheater method is a little out of character for me.  Contrary to popular belief, I don't relish spending every waking moment in my kitchen!  So instead of mixing my own seasonings and spices, I saved time and ripped open a packet of Italian Seasoning dressing mix. Then I spent six more minutes throwing  together an easy bean salad (five ingredients total) to complete a perfect spring supper.

Let's hear it for quick chicken!  I love this recipe because it is much lower in fat than its commercial counterpart.  It's tender, yet crispy.  My family gave it a thumbs up.  And like you, sometimes I long for a simple, yet still homemade, meal fix so I can get back to my other interests.  When the work is done, I love reading, writing, gardening, scrapbooking, best of all, hanging out with my family!


 
Unfried Chicken
an original recipe by Kelly Jo Vanderstelt


1.  Combine well in a large mixing bowl:
  • 1/2 Cup of Bread Crumbs
  • 1 Packet of Italian Seasonings Dressing Mix, dry

2.  Remove the skin from a Large Package of Chicken Legs & Thighs.  Make quick work of it.  Trim it a little, but don't be over-fussy with it.

3.  Coat chicken pieces with the bread crumb mix and place in large baking pan.

4.  Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for two hours.


Makes enough for up to 8 leg/thigh pieces.


Tip:  If you choose to use boneless meat, such as chicken breast, adjust baking time down accordingly.  Boneless meat and white meat need less time to get done.

1 comment:

  1. I had to smile when I read that your family gave this recipe thumbs up. Calvin and Patrick rate everything they eat by giving it thumbs up, down or sideways. I'm not sure where they learned that, but it's so funny. And a little embarrassing when they do it at someone elses house.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts and questions are appreciated. Comments will be posted after they are approved. Thank you.