11 May 2010

Lemon-Garlic Linguine

Here's a pleasing pasta dish that goes great with grilled chicken or flank steak - but it's entirely delicious to stand alone on its own as a vegetarian supper.  The lightly cooked additions make a fresh-tasting sauce that dances in your mouth!






Lemon-Garlic Linguine
an original rendition by Kelly Jo Vanderstelt


1.  Saute' over medium-low heat in a large skillet until slightly transparent:
  • 2 Tbs. Olive Oil
  • 1 large Onion, diced
  • 3 Garlic Cloves, minced

2.  Add and cook a couple of minutes until just soft:
  • 1 medium Zucchini, sliced
  • 1 Cup of fresh Mushrooms, sliced

3.  Add remaining ingredients and heat through:
  • 4 Roma Tomatoes, diced
  • 1/4 Cup Lemon Juice, freshly squeezed
  • 1 Splash of White Wine
  • 1 1/2 Tsp. Salt
  • 1 Tsp. dried Basil
  • 1 Tsp. dried Oregano 
  • 1/4 Tsp. Pepper
4.  Remove from heat and toss with:
  • 3/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese, shredded
  • 10-12 oz. Linguine, cooked and drained

Serves 4 as a main dish and 6 to 8 as a side dish.


Visit Tasty Tuesday  and Tempt my Tummy Tuesdays for more delectable recipes!




4 comments:

  1. I'm really going to have to try this one! Looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristin's right, this looks great. I'm making a Lemon Pepper Chicken tomorrow on the grill. I was trying to think what to have with it. You've answered my question. Thanks Kelly Jo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If forgot to tell you that we LOVED the pasta. I made it that night. However, I used Fusilli as the pasta. We used the leftovers a few days later as a pasta salad by adding a quick ranch dressing to it. This will definitely become part of my repertoire.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy Moly this is seriously amazing and totally restaurant quality! I think I'll make the leftovers into a fritatta for breakfast. I'll be making this again and again and again...

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts and questions are appreciated. Comments will be posted after they are approved. Thank you.