05 April 2012

Easter Menu

For weeks now, I've been dreaming and plotting and planning and tweaking my Easter Sunday dinner menu.   Holidays are a perfect excuse for feasting on memorable food!  Every crock pot I own will be employed for this special meal.  I'm anticipating much laughter and culinary delight at the Vanderstelt table, which will be surrounded by ten dear friends and family members.  Celebrating the resurrection of Jesus Christ brings incredible purpose - not just to this day, but to my life.


Here's a sneak peak at my menu.  I'll be sure to snap a few pix and post more recipes after the big event.

Mediterranean Chicken will be the spotlight entree.  This was my kiddo's request, since this big dinner follows closely after her birthday.  This chicken is flavorful and appears very gourmet, roasted with dried apricots and plums, olive, capers, garlic and brown sugar.  Yet it's simple to prepare -- and reliably good.


Ham 'n' Cola, a tangy recipe from the Fix & Forget It cookbook
Wild Rice Medley, with garlic, ginger, onions and bell peppers
Sweet Potatoes swimming in my original Butterika Sauce
Mixed Vegetables, with a balsamic reduction
Spring Greens with asparagus, cherry tomatoes, carrot shreds, glazed pecans and honey-mustard dressing
Deviled Eggs
Jello Salad
Hot Cross Buns

Lemon Surprise Cake with sliced almonds, poppyseeds and warm Raspberry Sauce


Dinner is at 12:30 p.m.   Don't be late.



2 comments:

  1. If I lived closer, I would be over. Your making my simple dinner of ham and mashed potatoes look rather bland.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your dinner sounds great, too. Mine was fun to plan, but today I need to buckle down and actually cook it. Maybe I was over-reaching in culinary ambition. I'd rather curl up and read a book...or watch Mad Men with you!!

      Delete

Your thoughts and questions are appreciated. Comments will be posted after they are approved. Thank you.